Saturday 1 September 2012

Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan review


Team Human
By Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan

Just because Mel lives in New Whitby, a city founded by vampires, doesn’t mean she knows any of the blood-drinking undead personally. They stay in their part of town; she says in hers. Until the day a vampire shows up at her high school. Worse yet, her best friend, Cathy, seems to be falling in love with him. It’s up to Mel to save Cathy f
rom a mistake she might regret for all eternity

On top of trying to help Cathy (whether she wants it or not), Mel is investigating a mysterious disappearance for another friend and discovering the attractions of a certain vampire wannabe. Combine all this with a cranky vampire cop, a number of unlikely romantic entanglements, and the occasional zombie, and soon Mel is hip-deep in an adventure that is equal parts hilarious and touching.

My review
I was thrilled to receive this book to review from Allen and Unwin as I had been eyeing it off at my local bookstore. Did it live up to how good I thought it was going to be?
Unfortunately for some reason it just didn’t grab me as much as I wanted it to. It took me ages to get into it and once I did I would feel like I was really getting into it then it would fall flat and I would struggle to keep going. But I’m glad I did because it has a really nice ending.
I also really liked Kit and the idea that he had been brought up by vampires not knowing what it was like to be human. His journey throughout the book was my favourite part.
3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment